- What is Papa Murphy’s Pizza?
- Is Papa Murphy’s a franchise opportunity?
- Facts That Nobody Told You About Papa Murphy’s
- Papa Murphy’s Franchise Requirements and Reviews
- How much does a Papa Murphy’s franchise cost?
- How much do Papa Murphy’s franchise owners make?
- Papa Murphy’s Training for Franchises
- Papa Murphy’s Operations to Franchises
- How is Papa Murphy’s territory granted to franchises?
- What is the franchise term of agreement and renewal?
- Does Papa Murphy’s provide financial assistance to franchises?
- Pros and Cons of Owning a Papa Murphy’s Franchise
- What are Papa Murphy’s franchise reviews?
- Papa Murphy’s Franchise Rankings
- Franchise Deck Analysis and Overview
- Papa Murphy’s Pizza Franchise Success and Failure Rate
- Competition Analysis of Papa Murphys Pizza Franchise
- Conclusion: Should You buy Papa Murphy’s Pizza franchise for sale?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Have you ever considered starting your own restaurant? The Papa Murphy’s Pizza franchise is a great option for business owners that value customer service and are passionate about providing exquisite meals to their community. The biggest take-and-bake pizza company in the world, Papa Murphy’s, also sells pizza, salads, sides, and desserts. With more than 1,400 outlets across 37 states, the business is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the US. The fact that all of its pizzas are created fresh in-store before being simply brought home to bake sets it apart from other pizza franchises. Customers can choose how much they want to cook their pizzas using this method to achieve the ideal restaurant-quality texture. Papa Murphy’s now provides a selection of gluten-free and vegan options to make sure that everyone may enjoy their fantastic pizzas.
On average, a Papa Murphy’s franchise makes $580,441 in sales per year. The pizza industry is booming, with Americans spending $33 billion in quick-service pizza restaurants annually and takeout having the largest share of spending at $15 billion. The number of franchised stores throughout the world is in the range of 1,193 to 1,230.
What is Papa Murphy’s Pizza?
Papa Murphy’s is one of the most well-known brands in the world when it comes to pizza delivery. What precisely distinguishes Papa Murphy’s then? They differ from other pizza brands because of their distinctive method of manufacturing pizza.
Pizzas from Papa Murphy’s are crafted with fresh dough, homemade sauce, and high-quality ingredients including vine-ripened tomatoes and aged cheeses. The result is a sizzling hot, personalised pizza experience because their pizzas are assembled in-store and then delivered to your home for baking in your oven or microwave.
Papa Murphy’s offers a variety of mouth-watering custom pizzas in addition to freshly made salads, chicken wings, sandwich combos, and more. Vegan versions and gluten-free crusts are also available. Papa Murphy’s has something for everyone, regardless of their diet.
Because it prides itself on providing delicious cuisine at reasonable prices, Papa Murphy’s has become a recognised leader in the world of pizza franchises.
Is Papa Murphy’s a franchise opportunity?
Are you considering opening a Papa Murphys franchise? You might not be the only one—Papa Murphy’s is one of the world’s largest take-and-bake pizza companies. However, before you jump into things, there are a few important points to consider about becoming a Papa Murphys franchise owner.
Below are some of the key points to consider before investing in a Papa Murphy franchise
- To open your store, you need an initial investment of $296,075 – $534,731.
- The ongoing royalty fee is 5% of net sales, payable weekly.
- You have to have a minimum net worth of $350,000 and liquid assets of at least $125,000.
- Opening package costs are estimated between $123,750 and $183,550. Additionally, you need additional working capital of up to $20,000 or more, depending on the size and volume of the site, to buy the ingredients for the pizza recipes and other culinary items for sale in your store.
- The protection against liability, theft, and property damage is also ensured by insurance. In addition to general liability insurance, product contamination insurance, workers’ compensation coverage, and property damage coverage, where necessary, should also be included in this policy.
- Finally, you should factor extended hours into your schedule—particularly during peak seasons such as fall/football time or spring/other holidays; it might be necessary to stay open on occasional late nights or weekends to meet customer demand during these times.
The costs associated with opening a Papa Murphys franchise may seem high initially, but the potential rewards could be great if the business is managed well and grows successfully in your local
Facts That Nobody Told You About Papa Murphy’s
Did you know that Papa Murphys is a top-selling pizza franchise? The customised menu options and fresh ingredients are what make the customers so happy. You might not be familiar with the following information about franchises
- Customers may be confident they are receiving the best products possible from Papa Murphy’s because the restaurant specialised in using only fresh, never-frozen ingredients. One of the few pizza businesses in the world that offers the “take-and-bake” option lets clients take their pre-made pizzas home to bake in their own ovens. There are more than 1,200 business locations spread throughout 35 US states and Canada.
- The restaurant additionally offers cookie dough and cheese bread, both of which come with recipe cards for easy cooking at home.
- The business is committed to sustainability; more than 95% of its sites use eco-friendly materials for packaging and takeout containers. Additionally, all of the stores are run solely on renewable energy.
- If you’re looking for a pizza franchise that stands out from the rest, look no further than Papa Murphys! With their commitment to sustainability and fresh ingredients, you’ll be sure to get a delicious meal every time.
|Papa Murphy’s Pizza Franchise Reviews and Information
|Food & Beverage
|Pizza franchise opportunities
|Employees at Company H.O
|not publicly available
|Franchise Expansion Plan
|Continues to expand in the U.S. and international markets
|Number of Units
|Over 1,300 stores
|Number of Franchise Units
|Social Media Handles
|Company Office location
|8000 NE Parkway Dr. #350, Vancouver, WA 98662, United States
Papa Murphy’s Franchise Requirements and Reviews
If you’re considering applying for a Papa Murphys franchise, you should know that there are several requirements you must meet. Most importantly, the franchisee must have a net worth of at least $350,000, with at least $125,000 in liquid assets.
Papa Murphy’s also looks for certain other key qualities in potential franchisees:
- Experience in operating and managing a business with a proven track record of successful business ownership is definitely preferred if possible.
- Demonstrated financial success: a strong credit history will make it easier to secure financing to open the franchise.
- Passion for the brand—a deep understanding of Papa Murphy’s values and commitment to being an active member of Papa Murphy’s family—are key qualities sought by potential franchisees.
- ability to commit the full-time hours needed to own and operate a pizza franchise; this includes management of corporate-owned locations as needed or requested.
- a commitment to working closely with their management team and following standard operating procedures set by Papa Murphy’s corporate office.
- commitment to keeping up with current industry trends and actively participating in local marketing initiatives and community outreach through charitable events or donations when possible.
If you have what it takes to run a Papa Murphy pizza franchise, don’t hesitate to apply!
How much does a Papa Murphy’s franchise cost?
If you’re wondering how much is cost you to franchise a Papa Murphy’s Pizza, you may be surprised. With the usual franchise fee of $25,000 plus an estimated total investment of around $296,075 – $534,731 depending on the size of the restaurant and location, Papa Murphy’s is an accessible franchise opportunity.
Initial Franchise Fee
When you purchase a Papa Murphys franchise, you will pay a one-time initial franchise fee of $25,000. This fee covers the costs associated with setting up and training your staff on how to run the business. A portion of this fee is also used as an initial advertising fund so that your restaurant has an advantage in local markets when it opens.
Initial Investment Costs
Your initial investment costs associated with a Papa Murphy franchise will depend primarily on the size and location of your restaurant. On the lower end of investments, it can cost anywhere from $296,075 – $534,731 for a small location in an area with lower development costs. For larger locations or those located in more expensive parts of the country like New York City or the San Francisco Bay Area, it can cost upwards of $750,000. These amounts cover everything from build-out expenses and equipment purchases to supplies and working capital at start-up.
|Papa Murphy’s Pizza Franchise Price and Costs
|Brand Franchise Fee
|Brand Franchise Cost
|$296,075 – $534,731.
|5% of net sales
|Up to 5% of net sales (currently 3%)
|Term of Agreement
|Is franchise term renewable?
|Renewable Franchise Fees
|$5,000 (for a 10-year renewal term)
How much do Papa Murphy’s franchise owners make?
As per the latest fddOn average, a Papa Murphy’s franchise makes $580,441 in sales per year. However, it’s important to note that this figure is average, and actual earnings can vary depending on factors such as location, management, and market conditions. To get a better understanding of the potential earnings for a specific franchise, it’s recommended to consult with Papa Murphys and review their Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which provides detailed financial information.
Papa Murphy’s Training for Franchises
Joining the Papa Murphy franchise means you get access to a network of resources and support like:
- Committed field consultants who provide direction on best practices
- Comprehensive three-week operations training
- Proprietary management system access
- Prescreened candidates for store-level positions
- Creative marketing campaigns tailored to regional tastes
At Papa Murphys, we believe in ongoing success, so we provide continuing education courses throughout your entire franchise experience—helping you to maintain your momentum as a business owner and keep building a successful pizza empire!
Papa Murphy’s Operations to Franchises
Papa Murphy’s isn’t just about pizza—it’s about running a business. For this reason, Papa Murphy has established a franchise network that includes more than 1,500 stores in the US and Canada. What do you, therefore, need to know if you’re considering joining the Papa franchise family?
The average start-up cost to open a Papa Murphy’s is between $296,075 – $534,731, depending on whether it’s a new store or an existing one. In addition to the cost of the license and equipment, you’ll also need money for marketing to get the word out and ensure that your store gets noticed.
Unlike other pizza chains, Papa Murphy’s operates differently than most franchises. Their signature “Take ‘N Bake” concept allows customers to pick up their pizza dough partially made, then cook it when they are ready to eat it, meaning no wait times or delivery delays. This sets them apart from their competitors in the space when it comes to the customer service experience.
Support services offered
Successful franchises understand that their success depends on more than just pizza; it requires superior business operations training as well as ongoing support with marketing, customer relationships, and enterprise technologies. Papa Murphy’s ensures that each franchisee receives comprehensive support services that cover every aspect of launching and operating your business, including:
- Marketing and advertising programs
- Supply Chain Programmes and Distribution Solutions
- Accounting and Financial Reporting Resources
- Technology Solutions and Business Applications
How is Papa Murphy’s territory granted to franchises?
Are you wondering how Papa Murphy’s divides up its territory? In selecting an exclusive franchise location, you’ll want to make sure no other franchise exists in your area. When granting Papa Murphys franchise territory, the company considers a variety of factors, such as:
- Population of the market: The size of the population in your area will help determine where Papa Murphy’s can expand.
- Demographics: A key factor for determining which areas are ready for a Papa Murphy franchise Knowing the age, gender, and other factors of potential customers can help narrow down a good site.
- Competition: Location matters, and it helps if there are no competitors within a relevant distance of the proposed location. If there is too much competition or potential competition, the new site likely won’t be approved.
- Real Estate Market: The local real estate market can play an important part in determining whether or not Papa Murphy’s will grant you access to their exclusive territory and allow you to open up a permanent location in that particular area.
Papa Murphys works to ensure current franchises don’t face tough competition from new stores opening in nearby locations—so entering into a franchise with them means you know that your store won’t be competing against other Papa Murphy locations!
What is the franchise term of agreement and renewal?
If you’re considering investing in the Papa Murphy franchise, you might be wondering about the term of the agreement. Here’s what you need to know:
Initial Term and Renewal
The initial term of the Papa Murphys franchise is 10 years, but it can be extended for another consecutive 5-year term with 75% of the original franchise fee applied to renewal. Throughout the agreement, you must follow all procedures and protocols made by Papa Murphy’s.
The initial Papa Murphy’s Agreement requires an initial fee (based on the size of the location and other factors) that must be paid before construction begins. The fee covers training, supplies, store setup, signage, and more. It is nonrefundable and also includes a local marketing contribution that goes towards building your business in your area.
By investing in a Papa Murphy franchise, you are showing your commitment to giving customers quality pizza that is good for them and their families. As their mission states, “At Papa Murphy’s, we make better ingredients to create better pizzas,” so invest today and get a slice of success!
Does Papa Murphy’s provide financial assistance to franchises?
When you’re thinking of becoming a franchisee with Papa Murphy’s, you might be wondering if they offer financial assistance. Well, the answer is yes. Papa Murphy’s offers qualified franchisees a few options for financial assistance. Let’s look at the details.
Equipment Acquisition Programme
One way to get some financial help is with the Equipment Acquisition Program or EAP. This program helps reduce the amount of money you need to become a franchisee. It works by allowing you to lease (rather than purchase) many of the pieces of equipment you need from an approved supplier.
Financing through PJ Solomon
You can also get financing help from PJ Solomon, which is one of Papa Murphy’s pre-approved lenders. They offer services like guidance on obtaining a loan and other types of financing solutions that may be tailored to each individual franchisee.
All in all, these financial options make it easier for those who are interested in joining Papa Murphy’s family as a franchisee but don’t have all the funds upfront. If you need to help financing your new business venture, these are both good options to explore.
Pros and Cons of Owning a Papa Murphy’s Franchise
Picking a franchise is a big decision, and you want to make the right one for you. But there are positives and negatives to any franchise, including Papa Murphys.
Pros of Owning a Papa Murphys Franchise
- Low startup costs: With a fee of $25,000 all-in, the Papa Murphy franchise has lower startup costs than most other franchises. This makes ownership more accessible to potential business owners with smaller amounts of capital.
- Established business model: You won’t need to invent your own business from scratch or lay out your own marketing plan. Papa Murphy’s has already done that for you, so you can simply put their established methods into action in order to start growing your own pizzeria business quickly.
- Proven success: Papa Murphy’s brand speaks for itself when it comes to success in the quickly growing pizza industry.
Cons of Owning a Papa Murphy Franchise
- Low margin profits: As with any franchising opportunity, it may be more difficult than starting your own independent business to reap the highest rewards as profits are shared between both franchisor and franchisee according to pre-determined agreements between both entities.
- Limited customization options: Businesses under the same franchising umbrella may have fewer customization options available than their independent counterparts due to certain restrictions placed on them by their franchisor or parent company looking for brand uniformity throughout all its locations worldwide.
- Reliance on franchisor support: Despite instructions and guidelines provided by the franchisor, any business owner operating within a franchising network is still going to rely heavily on
What are Papa Murphy’s franchise reviews?
What do Papa Murphy’s franchise reviews say? It looks like, overall, people have a positive impression of the Papa Murphys franchise. It has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and it has received positive feedback on a variety of review websites.
Here are some of the things Papa Murphy’s franchise owners say
- “We’re doing well with our Papa Murphy’s store.” “We get great support from them whenever we need it.”
- “Our customers love the quality of our pizza, and they always come back for more!”
- “We have good communication with corporate, so they know what issues are happening in our store, and they help us solve them quickly.”
Papa Murphy’s Franchise Rankings
Papa Murphys has received notable rankings and accolades over the years for its franchise system. Some of the most recent and notable rankings include:
- Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500 – Ranked #53 in the 2021 list.
- Nation’s Restaurant News Top 200 – Ranked #4 in the Limited-Service Pizza Category for 2020.
- Franchise Times Top 200+ – Ranked #128 in the 2020 list.
These rankings reflect Papa Murphys strong presence in the industry, its franchise system, and the company’s commitment to providing quality products and services to its customers.
Franchise Deck Analysis and Overview
So you’re thinking of investing in a Papa Murphy’s Pizza franchise. You may not be aware that you will need to perform a franchise deck study to assess the investment.
A franchise deck study is a summary of the company, its past, and its present. In addition to potential dangers and other details regarding the franchise you’re considering, it contains the franchisor’s financials and company operations.
A franchise deck analysis’s goal is to provide potential franchise investors with a sense of their projected returns on investment as well as any possible dangers connected to the company they are thinking about investing in. Here are some of the things you’ll need to look out for:
- The franchisor’s financials: You’ll need to check if there has been any growth or decline in revenue over time and analyse other financial trends, such as their debt levels, cash flow, liquidity, and profitability.
- Market share: You can tell a lot about how successful a franchisor’s pizza franchises are by comparing their market share to that of competitors like Domino’s, Pizza Hut, and Little Caesars.
- Potential risks: Do your study on any risks before opening a Papa Murphy pizza franchise, including any potential legal or regulatory issues that could hurt the business.
Papa Murphy’s Pizza Franchise Success and Failure Rate
The below table will highlight the Papa Murphy’s Pizza franchise success and failure rate for the last 3 years. This will supplement your decision-making process.
Competition Analysis of Papa Murphys Pizza Franchise
|Cost to Franchise
|Royalty + Ad fees
|Recoup of Capital
|Papa Murphys Pizza Franchise
|$296,075 – $534,731
|Two Hands Corn Dog
|$89,000 to $137,000
|$222,050 – $506,900
|Jimmy John’s Franchise
|$355,900 – $671,400
|Jersey Mike’s Franchise
|$194,035 – $954,611
|Jason’s Deli Franchise
|$1,020,759 – $1,554,891
The Franchise Deck rating for the Papa Murphys Pizza franchise is 3.7/5.0.
Conclusion: Should You buy Papa Murphy’s Pizza franchise for sale?
Is it the right choice to make an investment in Papa Murphy’s franchise? Papa Murphy’s can be proved to be a better option if you’re looking for a reputable business along with a loyal clientele. It is a practical solution given the minimal initial costs, adaptable ownership options, and potential for substantial earnings. Nevertheless, you will need to be ready to put in a lot of effort in all areas of your business, from sales and marketing to operations management and customer support.
In the end, a Papa Murphys franchise could be a fantastic business opportunity if you’re prepared to put in the necessary time and work. It can be exactly what you need to launch your company because of its big customer base and excellent revenues.
- Blaze Pizza Franchise
- Little Caesars Franchise
- Mod Pizza Franchise
- Domino’s Pizza Franchise
- Papa John’s franchise
- Hotbox Pizza Franchise
- Pizza Hut franchise
- Marco’s Pizza Franchise
- Jason’s Deli Franchise
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When thinking about purchasing a Papa Murphys franchise, you could have some questions, so here are some of the most typical ones and their responses:
Is the Papa Murphy’s Pizza franchise profitable?
Yes, having a franchise for Papa Murphys can be quite successful. Franchisees can take advantage of Papa Murphy’s established infrastructure and avoid having to build everything from scratch. Additionally, franchises are typically located in prime spots with exposure to drive-by customers and visibility for delivery customers.
Can you make money owning a Papa Murphy’s?
Yes, you can make money owning a Papa Murphy franchise. Your profits depend on your location, management prowess, and ability to attract customers and keep them coming back for more of their favorite pies.
Is Papa Murphy’s a franchise?
Yes, Papa Murphy’s is a franchise business. It started franchising in 1995 and now has nearly 1,000 stores throughout the United States and Canada. It offers potential entrepreneurs the opportunity to own their own businesses while having the backing of an established brand.
How much is a Papa Murphy’s franchise?
The initial investment cost of owning a Papa Murphy’s franchise varies from $296,075 – $534,731, including an initial fee of $25k and an ongoing royalty fee of 5%.
How do Papa Murphy’s franchises make money?
Papa Murphy’s franchises generate revenue by selling pizza as well as other menu items such as sandwiches and salads. Franchisees also get support with marketing campaigns that help drive sales by increasing brand awareness in the local area, which helps attract new customers.