A creative firm called Board & Brush franchise workshops, classes, and private tuition in the craft of hand-painted wood signage. Board & Brush Creative Studio franchise was established by two friends who shared a love of painting and crafts and wanted to spread that enthusiasm to others. With years of practice, their instructors have perfected everything from simple sign painting methods to trickier ones like marbling or three-dimensional signage. In addition to several scheduling options, they also provide online courses that can be taken from any location with an internet connection. They’re there to help you find your own unique style whether it’s through private training at their studio or a paint party with friends that helps you develop something beautiful of your own personal style.
According to IBISWorld, the market size of the Paint & Sip Studios industry in the US has grown 0.9% per year on average between 2018 and 2023.
What is the Board And Brush?
Board & Brush Creative Studio was established by two friends who shared a love of painting and crafts and wanted to spread that enthusiasm to others. Customers can make something to take home and hang on their walls at Board & Brush Creative Studio. You can benefit from the rising popularity of the do-it-yourself movement. For special occasions or to create something to present loved ones, customers can order specially designed décor items.
Board & Brush Creative Studio’s design concept combines traditional carpentry methods with contemporary styles and unique graphics. Board & Brush is one of the quickly expanding DIY wood sign workshop chains in the U.S., with more than 240 shops spread out over the country.
Is Board And Brush a Franchise Opportunity?
A trusted multinational company is Board & Brush Creative Studio. You may benefit from powerful marketing assistance, a custom iPad app, an ever-expanding design library, a cutting-edge website, and a registration system by becoming a member of this franchise family. With a client loyalty program and impressive purchasing power, you may be able to draw in and keep customers which proves that the brand is definitely a franchise opportunity for you.
Facts That Nobody Told You About Board And Brush
- They offer a fun, lively environment for guests to let their hair down and enjoy a few hours of de-stressing.
- Most folks come in after a long week of work and are ready to have some fun! They have music videos playing, beer and wine service, and tons of time for de-stressing.
- In September of 2019, they opened their doors at the beautiful Exchange where they were proud to be among some of the finest businesses that Old Town has to offer.
- In addition, their custom stencil process allows you to personalize your piece with your surname, monogram, the year of your special event, or the names of your beloved children, the possibilities are endless and our design choices are expansive.
|Board And Brush Franchise Reviews and Information|
|Industry Type||Services Franchises|
|Company Name||Board & Brush, LLC|
|Founder/Management Head||Julie Selby|
|Employees at Company H.O||201-500|
|Franchise Expansion Plan||The company is offering new franchisees in the following international regions: Canada|
|Number of Units||255|
|Number of Franchise Units||252|
|Social Media Handles|
|Company Office location||117 Hill StHartland, Wisconsin 53029, US|
Board And Brush Franchise Requirements
Their initial start-up costs vary depending on the studio location, size, and amount of work the site requires. Their current estimated start-up costs range from $64,589 to $93,461. The company takes pride in keeping its costs below the industry average and allowing families the opportunity to live their dream of opening their own businesses. Board and Brush also offer discounts on its franchise fee to Military Veterans and their spouses.
How much does a Board And Brush franchise cost
When you sign the franchise agreement, there is a $25,000 franchise fee that is not refundable. However, if you are a veteran, a member of the military who is currently serving, or if this is your second franchise agreement with Board and Brush, the first franchise cost is $20,000 instead of the initial start-up cost of $64,589 to $93,461.
How much does it cost to franchise a Board And Brush in the United States?
To set up a franchise of Board and Brush in the United States, you need to have an initial start-up cost of $64,589 to $93,461 along with a franchise fee of $25,000 and if you’re an active member of the military, you might get a discount on price too.
|Board And Brush Franchise Price and Costs|
|Board And Brush Franchise Fee||$20,000-$25,000|
|Board And Brush Franchise Cost||$64,589 to $93,461|
|Term of Agreement||5 years|
|Is the franchise term renewable?||Yes|
How much do Board And Brush franchise owners make?
- The sales of 2018, 2019, and 2020 are provided by Board and Brush Creative Studio to show how much franchisors earn.
- Franchise sales for Board and Brush were, on average, $225,571 in 2018. (gross revenue).
- Franchise sales at Board and Brush in 2019 were, on average, $199,554. (gross revenue).
- The majority of studios had to shut down by law in 2020 as a result of Covid. As a result, the franchisor withheld its 2020 financial information.
What is Board And Brush franchise profit?
I will analyse the Board And Brush franchise profit and years to recoup the investment (ROI).
|AUV||Estimated Annual Profit (12.5%)||Estimated Annual Profit (15%)||Estimated Annual Profit (18%)|
|$ 199,544||$24,943||$29,932||$ 35,918|
|Recoup mid-point$ 79,025||3.1 years||2.6 years||2.2 years|
The estimated Board And Brush franchise profit is in the range of $ 24,943 to $ 35,918 and it will take 2.2 to 3.1 years to recoup the investment.
According to industry standards, getting a return on the franchise investment will not take a very long time.
Board And Brush Training for Franchises
After you have signed a franchise agreement, you will be assigned one of our incredible Franchise Consultants who will stand by your side and serve as your personal mentor throughout the franchise’s training process and beyond.
Training starts the day you sign your contract and culminates in a thorough three-day program in our Hartland, Wisconsin headquarters. This engaging, hands-on curriculum, which is tailored to your particular needs, will aid in your learning, development, and success. Board and Brush will guide you through every stage of getting your studio ready, including organizing and carrying out a successful Grand Opening event, which is essential to getting things off to a successful start.
Board And Brush Operations to Franchises
Board and Brush do not allow absentee ownership to run any of its franchises. The franchisee cannot run it from home or from a mobile unit.No part-time running of the business is allowed. A minimum of 10 employees are required to run its franchise.
How are Board And Brush Territory Granted to Franchises
Only one location is selected for the franchise. Without prior written approval, franchisees are not allowed to relocate their company. As long as they adhere to all of the terms of the Franchise Agreement, including some minimal performance standards and their obligation to service clients primarily in their region, franchisees will have a protected territory for the duration of the Franchise Agreement.
What is the Franchise Term of Agreement and Renewal?
The initial term of the franchise is 5 years. If certain requirements are met, franchisees may extend their tenure of ownership for another 5 years.
Do Board And Brush provide Financial Assistance to Franchises?
Board & Brush Creative Studio has connections with outside resources that provide funding for the following things:
Franchisee fees, startup expenses, equipment, supplies, goods on hand, and payroll
Pros & Cons of buying a Board And Brush Franchise
Pros of owning a Board And Brush
- Well-Established National Branding
- A State-of-the-Art Website and Registration System
- A Continuously Expanding Design Library
- Extensive Training and Support Programs
- Vigorous Marketing Support
- Unmatched Purchasing Power
- Proprietary iPad Application
- Customer Loyalty and Rewards Program
- Collaborative Franchise Owners
Cons of Owning a Board And Brush
- The franchisee lacks flexibility and freedom. Franchisees have little to no control over the management of their brand-new company. The franchise agreement contains a detailed description of the regulations controlling its operation. This makes it more challenging to implement fresh concepts or more effective procedures, especially given the contract’s fine print.
- Greater possibility of reputational harm. Everyone who has invested in the same business could be painted with the same brush and lose sales if one franchise owner does something to harm the brand’s reputation.
- For the right to represent their brand, franchisors need their franchisees to pay a portion of all revenues. This may present a financial hardship when sales are slow.
What are Board And Brush franchise reviews?
Due to its low initial investment and track record of success, Board and Brush creative studio is a popular choice among aspiring business entrepreneurs. It is a smart move to use its franchise to break into the leisure art market.
Board And Brush Franchise Rankings
According to their official website, Board & Brush’s Creative Studio has been ranked 381st in the Franchise 500 of 2020 by Entrepreneur Magazine on its 5th year anniversary with the help of its franchises and valuable customers.
Franchise Deck Analysis and Overview
The income statement indicates that $3.3 million will be the overall revenue in 2020. From 2019’s $4 million, this was a significant fall. In 2020, operating expenses were $1.4 million, or 50% of total revenue. A significant amount of the revenue is diverted to cover running costs, leaving much less for you and the franchise. But, you can surely choose it if you take into account its well-established trademark and operating system.
Potential Risks to consider before investing in a Board And Brush
You must consider the risks explained below before making an investment decision in Board and Brush’s franchise
- Economic situations and volatility in the world economy affect consumer spending which negatively affects the company’s operations.
- Due to their limited operating experience,2q it would be difficult for the company to manage any future growth which will have a bad impact on its brand name.
- If the company fails to maintain the value and reputation of its brand in the future, then its sales might decline.
Is the Board And Brush Franchise Profit Worth the Cost?
The price necessary to own and run a Board and Brush studio varies substantially because it depends on several factors, including the store’s location, size, and landscape. Recognized for its high-quality handcrafted items and a well-known brand name globally, it will draw in new clients and possibly compel the ones it already has to return more frequently.
Board And Brush Franchise Success and Failure Rate
The below table will highlight the Board And Brush’s franchise success and failure rate for the last 3 years. This will supplement your decision-making process.
Competition Analysis of Board And Brush Franchises
|Board And Brush||Cost to Franchise||Franchisee Fees||Royalty + Ad fees||Expected Profit||Recoup of Capital||FD Rating|
|Board And Brush||$64,589 to $93,461||$20,000-$25,000||6%+1%||$3.3 million||2-3 years||3.3/5.0|
|Slumber land Franchise||$545,500 – $1,994,000||$30,000 – $50,000||3%+2%||$263 million||–||4.0/5.0|
|Young Rem brandts Franchise||$41,250 – $48,120||$34,500||8%+1%||$61.1 million||–||3.8/5.0|
|Wine and Design Franchise||$67,300 – $167,200||$25,000||6%+2%||$8.8 million||–||3.5/5.0|
|Rent-A-Center Franchise||$355,392 – $565,190||$35,000||5.5%+3%||$72 million||–||3.7/5.0|
|Relax the Back Franchise||$219,700 – $391,300||$29,500||5%+2%||$78 million||–||3.9/5.0|
The Franchise Deck rating for the Board And Brush‘s franchise is 3.3/5.0.
Conclusion: Should You Buy the Board And Brush franchise for Sale?
Board and Brush Creative franchise Studio is a profit-making, financially stable business with cash in hand. The company’s revenue was affected by Covid, and many studios closed as a result. Monitoring consumer behavior and how the industry recovers after COVID is crucial. Board and Brush have cash in hand and are profitable.
A great sign is that Board and Brush Creative Studio have amassed over $2 million in cash since 2020. Board and Brush have the funds to fall back on if they have some difficult times, like Covid.
- Slumberland Franchise
- Young Rembrandts Franchise
- Wine and design Franchise
- Rent a Center Franchise
- Relax the back franchise
- Decorating Den Franchise
- College Hunks Franchise
- Homevestors Franchise
- Lululemon franchise
- QC Kinetix Franchise
- Gatsby Glass Franchise
- Casey’s Franchise
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is the Board And Brush franchise profitable?
Reviewing all of its profits and revenue margins, Board and Brush creative studio is definitely a profitable business.
- Can you make money owning a Board And Brush?
Yes! You should be able to make money from owning one of its studios as long as you pick a prime location for your business—one with lots of foot traffic—and develop an engaged customer base through excellent customer service.
- Is a Board And Brush a franchise?
Yes, it is! You can buy an existing franchise or open a new one in your area.
- How much is a Board And Brush franchise?
To set up a franchise of Board and Brush’s , you need to have an initial start-up investment of $64,589 to $93,461 along with franchise fee of $25,000 and if you’re an active member of the military, you might get a discount on price too.
- How do Board And Brush franchises make money?
Board and brush’s franchise makes money through their art and craft DIY creative studios.