- How much does a Sam the Concrete Man franchise cost?
- How much do Sam the Concrete Man franchise owners make?
- Sam the Concrete Man franchise requirements
- What is Sam, the Concrete Man?
- Is Sam the Concrete Man a franchise opportunity?
- Facts That Nobody Told You About Sam the Concrete Man
- Sam the Concrete Man is training franchisees
- Sam the Concrete Man: Operations to Franchises
- How is Sam the Concrete Man’s territory granted to franchises?
- What is the franchise term of agreement and renewal?
- Does Sam the Concrete Man provide financial assistance to franchises?
- Pros and cons of owning a Sam the Concrete Man franchise
- Competition Analysis of Sam the Concrete Man Franchise
- Franchise Deck Analysis and Overview
- Conclusion: Should you buy a Sam the Concrete Man franchise for sale?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Sam the Concrete Man Franchise
Sam the Concrete Man has been in business since 1965, so they know a thing or two about concrete and customer service. As a franchisee, you’ll benefit from their decades of experience and proven business model. You’ll go through their training program to learn the ropes, and you’ll have the support of their marketing team behind you. Sam the Concrete Man franchise provides residential concrete services. The concrete industry is a $37 billion per year industry that has a 14% repair and replacement growth rate year over year.
- Be prepared to invest. Becoming a franchisee doesn’t come cheap. You’ll need to pay an initial franchise fee, and you’ll need working capital to get your business up and running.
- Have experience in construction or concrete work. While Sam the Concrete Man will provide training, it helps to have a background in the industry. You’ll need to understand how to properly pour and finish concrete.
- I love providing great customer service. Sam the Concrete Man is all about quality workmanship and keeping customers happy. You’ll need to share that same dedication to service.
- Be willing to follow their system. As a franchisee, you’ll be expected to operate according to Sam the Concrete Man’s standards and procedures.
How much does a Sam the Concrete Man franchise cost?
Becoming a franchisee of Sam the Concrete Man requires an initial investment to get your business up and running. The total cost will vary depending on the location and size of your franchise, but you can expect to pay around $64,000 in initial fees.
The total initial investment for this franchise typically ranges from $87,250 to $140,265. The exact amount will depend on the specifics of your local market and business model. But with the proven success of the Sam the Concrete Man brand and business model, many franchisees find the investment well worth the opportunity.
|Sam the Concrete Man Franchise Price and Costs
|Sam the Concrete Man Franchise Fee
|Sam the Concrete Man Franchise Cost
|$87,250 to $140,265
|6% of gross sales
|2% of gross sales
|Term of Agreement
|Is franchise term renewable?
|Renewable Franchise Fees
|Information is not readily available
How much do Sam the Concrete Man franchise owners make?
So you’re interested in becoming this franchisee? One of the biggest questions potential franchisees have is how much money they can make. As with any business, your income will depend on several factors, but Sam the Concrete Man provides an established model and support system to help set you up for success.
According to Sam the Concrete Man Franchise Disclosure Document, the average franchisee generates around $750,000 in yearly revenue. The top 25% of franchisees make over $1 million. Of course, your revenue will depend on the size of your territory, customer base, and work volume. But with Sam the Concrete Man’s proven business model and marketing support, you’ll have the tools to build a thriving operation.
- Location: Territories in larger cities and metro areas typically generate higher revenue due to increased opportunities and higher job volumes.
- Experience: More experienced franchisees who have been in the system longer generally earn higher revenue as they have had more time to build up their customer base and streamline operations.
- Additional services: Offering additional services like concrete cutting, coating, and staining in addition to pouring and finishing can increase your revenue potential.
What is Sam the Concrete Man franchise profit?
I will estimate the Sam the Concrete Man franchise profit and years to recoup the investment (ROI).
|Estimated Annual Profit (12.5%)
|Estimated Annual Profit (15%)
|Estimated Annual Profit (18%)
The estimated Sam the Concrete Man franchise profit is in the range of $117,898 to $169,773 and it will take less than a year to recoup the investment.
According to industry standards, getting a return on the franchise investment will not take a very long time.
Sam the Concrete Man franchise requirements
To become a successful franchisee, there are certain requirements you’ll need to meet. Think of these as the essentials for joining the Sam the Concrete Man family.
To purchase this franchise, you’ll need a total investment of $87,250 to $140,265. Of this, $64,000 is the franchise fee. The remaining amount covers initial startup costs like vehicles, equipment, marketing, and working capital. You’ll also need good credit and available cash reserves.
While no previous experience in the concrete industry is required, business or management experience is preferred. Sam the Concrete Man provides comprehensive training to get you up to speed. Key qualities for a successful franchisee include:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to motivate and manage crews
- Comfort with sales and marketing
As with any business, owning this franchise requires hard work and dedication. Be prepared to commit the time and effort needed to get your business off the ground and ensure its success. This includes:
- Attending a 2-week training programme at Sam the Concrete Man’s headquarters
- Spending long hours launching and operating your business, especially in the first few years
- Following Sam the Concrete Man’s proven business model and operational procedures
- Staying up-to-date with new products, services, and techniques through ongoing training
If you meet the financial, experience, and commitment criteria and are passionate about joining the concrete industry, this franchise could be an extremely rewarding opportunity.
What are the Sam the Concrete Man franchise reviews?
When researching any franchise opportunity, it’s important to consider reviews from current franchisees. They’ve been in your shoes and can provide insight into what it’s really like to own this franchise.
- Franchisees report a good work-life balance, with normal business hours and minimal weekend work required. The business model is designed to keep things simple while still being profitable.
- Initial training and ongoing support from the corporate team receive high marks. The training programme prepares you to hit the ground running, and the support team is there whenever you have questions.
- Most franchisees come from various backgrounds, so no prior experience in the concrete industry is required. Sam the Concrete Man provides all the tools and knowledge you need to get started.
- Many franchisees report steady growth and strong sales over their first few years in business. The demand for quality concrete services combined with Sam the Concrete Man’s proven business model leads to success for many owners.
Sam the Concrete Man franchise rankings
Sam the Concrete Man is a highly ranked franchise in the home improvement industry. In Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500, it was recognised as one of the top 500 franchises, ranking #1 in its category and #480 overall. The Franchise 500 list is considered a comprehensive and reliable resource for potential franchisees. So, Sam the Concrete Man is a well-regarded franchise with a solid ranking.
What is Sam, the Concrete Man?
So, what exactly is Sam the Concrete Man? Sam the Concrete Man is a well-established concrete contractor franchise with over 25 years of experience. As a franchisee, you’ll be part of their network of concrete professionals providing residential and commercial concrete services.
- Sam The Concrete Man handles anything concrete-related, from driveways and patios to foundations and floors. They are experts in stamped concrete, concrete staining, and sealing, as well as repairs and resurfacing.
- Sam The Concrete Man aims to make concrete beautiful and long-lasting. They use high-quality materials and the latest techniques to create decorative and durable concrete.
- As a franchisee, you’ll go through their comprehensive training program to learn the skills and processes that have made Sam the Concrete Man successful. You’ll get their proven marketing and sales strategies, as well as ongoing support.
- Sam The Concrete Man’s brand recognition and excellent reputation will give your new business a head start. Their 25+ years of experience in the concrete industry means you’ll be set up for success.
Is Sam the Concrete Man a franchise opportunity?
A Proven Business Model
Sam the Concrete Man has been in business since 1989, so they have a proven business model for success. As a franchisee, you can tap into their experience and systems to get your own concrete business up and running. They provide initial training as well as ongoing support to help set you up for success.
Be your own boss.
Who doesn’t dream of being their own boss? As a franchisee, you’ll be in charge of your own business and team. You’ll make the decisions, set your own schedule, and reap the rewards of your hard work and dedication. Of course, with business ownership comes risk and responsibility, but for the right person, the rewards of being your own boss are worth it.
Strong brand recognition
The Sam the Concrete Man franchise brand is well-known for quality concrete services. As a franchisee, you’ll benefit from their brand recognition and reputation. Customers will already associate your business with professionalism, experience, and great service. You can hit the ground running instead of having to build brand awareness from scratch.
Facts That Nobody Told You About Sam the Concrete Man
- Unique Training Programme: Sam The Concrete Man offers a comprehensive training programme for its franchisees, which includes not only technical training on concrete services but also business management, marketing, and sales training. This programme ensures that franchise owners are well-equipped to run a successful business in the concrete industry.
- Proprietary CRM System: The company has developed a proprietary customer relationship management (CRM) system specifically designed for the concrete industry. This CRM helps franchise owners efficiently manage leads, track project progress, and maintain customer relationships, streamlining their daily operations.
- Community Involvement: Sam The Concrete Man is dedicated to giving back to the communities in which it operates. They participate in community service projects and charitable events, contributing positively to the neighbourhoods they serve.
- Strong Company Culture: Sam The Concrete Man has a company culture that emphasises teamwork, open communication, and continuous improvement. This supportive environment helps franchise owners feel connected and engaged, leading to better business performance and overall satisfaction.
- Variety of Services: While the name may suggest a focus on concrete, this franchise actually offers an extensive range of services to meet their clients’ needs. These services include concrete repair, replacement, and installation for driveways, walkways, patios, and more. Additionally, they provide decorative concrete services to create visually appealing and functional spaces.
|Brand Franchise Review and Information
|Residential Concrete Services
| Sam the Concrete Man
|Sam Mines, Todd Stewart (CEO)
|Employees at Company H.O
|Franchise Expansion Plan
|Continued growth across the United States
|Number of Units
|108 franchise locations
|Number of Franchise Units
|Social Media Handles
|Company Office location
|10750 Irma Drive, Unit 26, Northglenn, CO 80233
Sam the Concrete Man is training franchisees
As a franchisee, you’ll go through an intensive training programme to prepare you for success. This includes:
- A 2-week hands-on course at Sam the Concrete Man’s headquarters. You’ll learn concrete pouring and finishing techniques, customer service best practises, and business operations.
- Additional on-the-job training at an existing franchise location Work alongside an experienced franchisee and their team to gain real-world experience. This on-site job shadowing allows you to see what running a franchise looks like day-to-day.
- Ongoing support. Sam the Concrete Man provides continuous guidance even after you open your franchise. This includes an online knowledge base with video tutorials, monthly webinars on key topics, and a dedicated support hotline. Franchisees can also connect through an online community to share insights and advice.
Sam the Concrete Man: Operations to Franchises
As a franchisee, you’ll have the full support of the corporate team behind you. They provide initial and ongoing training, marketing materials, business tools, and advice to help you get up and running.
- Initial training covers concrete installation techniques, customer service, marketing, and business operations. You’ll work alongside an experienced franchisee to learn the ropes.
- A customised operations manual provides step-by-step guidance for all aspects of the business. It’s a helpful reference as you build your team and begin serving customers.
- The corporate marketing team will provide professionally designed materials like flyers, door hangers, vehicle graphics, and website content to help you promote your new business. They even offer advice for digital marketing and search engine optimisation.
- Sam the Concrete Man stays up-to-date with the latest industry innovations and best practises. They pass this knowledge onto franchisees through a newsletter, online video tutorials, annual conferences, and one-on-one phone support.
- Regional managers regularly visit franchise locations to ensure high standards of quality and service. They are there to support you in addressing any challenges and helping your business thrive.
How is Sam the Concrete Man’s territory granted to franchises?
Becoming a franchisee with Sam the Concrete Man means you’ll be granted an exclusive territory to operate in. Sam the Concrete Man carefully evaluates potential territories based on several factors to determine if the area can support a successful franchise.
Demographics and Growth
Sam the Concrete Man considers population, median income, home ownership rates, and new home construction in an area. Territories with a high percentage of homeowners, steady population growth, and new home construction are ideal. More homeowners and new homes mean more opportunities for concrete work.
Sam the Concrete Man also evaluates the competition in an area to make sure there are opportunities for a new franchisee. If there are already several established concrete contractors, it may be difficult for a new franchisee to gain a foothold. Sam the Concrete Man looks for areas where there is little competition or where the existing competition may not provide the level of service that Sam the Concrete Man is known for.
Finally, Sam the Concrete Man considers the overall opportunity for concrete work in an area. This includes evaluating the types of housing, the presence of commercial properties, the climate, and the likelihood of natural disasters that could require concrete repair or replacement. Areas with a mix of residential and commercial properties in climates where foundations and driveways experience damage may present more opportunities for service.
What is the franchise term of agreement and renewal?
The franchise term of agreement refers to the initial length of your contract with Sam the Concrete Man. Typically, franchisees sign on for 10 years. During this time, you’ll operate your concrete business under the Sam the Concrete Man brand, following their proven business model and procedures.
At the end of your initial franchise term, you’ll have the option to renew your agreement for an additional 10 years. Sam the Concrete Man will evaluate your performance over the past decade to determine if you qualify for renewal. As long as you’ve been actively engaged as a franchisee and have maintained good standing, renewal is often granted. However, Sam the Concrete Man reserves the right to not renew under certain circumstances, such as:
- Failure to pay royalties and advertising fees on time
- Not adhering to brand standards and operating procedures
- Poor customer service leads to a bad reputation in your community.
To ensure renewal, focus on:
- Consistently generating a profit and meeting sales targets
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Participating in ongoing training and development
- Building a strong, long-lasting relationship with the franchisor
Does Sam the Concrete Man provide financial assistance to franchises?
As a franchisee, you’ll have access to several financing options to help get your business up and running. Sam the Concrete Man wants to see their franchisees succeed, so they offer resources to make the initial investment more accessible.
Sam the Concrete Man has relationships with third-party lenders and financing companies that offer funding for franchise fees, equipment, inventory, and working capital. They can connect you with lenders that understand the concrete resurfacing business and its potential for success.
Pros and cons of owning a Sam the Concrete Man franchise
Pros of Owning a Sam The Concrete Man franchise
As a Sam the Concrete Man franchisee, you’ll benefit from an established brand and business model. Sam the Concrete Man has been in business for over 20 years, so they’ve worked out the kinks and have a proven track record of success. You’ll also receive initial training and ongoing support. Sam the Concrete Man wants you to succeed, so they provide resources like:
- Operational guidance to help you run your business efficiently
- Marketing materials and brand assets to promote your franchise
- Discounts on supplies, equipment, and services through preferred vendors
You’ll also have the opportunity to be your own boss while building equity in a business. As the owner, you can create your own schedule and work-life balance. At the same time, the value of your franchise may increase over time as your business grows.
Cons of Owning a Sam The Concrete Man franchise
While the opportunity to own your own business is appealing, there are some downsides to consider. The initial franchise fee and startup costs for this franchise can be quite high. It may require taking out a loan to cover costs like vehicles, equipment, licencing, insurance, and operating capital.
You’ll also pay ongoing royalties and fees to Sam the Concrete Man, typically a percentage of your gross sales. While you benefit from the brand’s support, these fees reduce your overall profits.
Competition Analysis of Sam the Concrete Man Franchise
|Sam the Concrete Man
|Cost to Franchise
|Royalty + Ad fees
|Recoup of Capital
|Sam the Concrete Man
|$87,250 to $140,265
|Alair Homes Franchise
|$104,900 – $183,850
|$79,100 – $100,100
|A1 Concrete Leveling Franchise
|$120,500 – $150,900
|$903,450 – $1,280,375
|Refresh Renovations Franchise
|$128,927 – $189,977
The Franchise Deck rating for Sam the Concrete Man franchise is 3.6/5.0.
Franchise Deck Analysis and Overview
To become a franchisee, you’ll need to invest a sizable amount of capital upfront. The initial Sam the Concrete Man franchise fee alone is around $64,000. On top of that, you’ll need working capital to get your business up and running, anywhere from $75,000 to $200,000. The total investment can range from $87,250 to $140,265 or more. Make sure you understand all the costs involved before signing on the dotted line.
In addition to the initial investment, Sam the Concrete Man charges an ongoing monthly royalty fee of 6–8% of gross sales. This means that for every $100,000 in revenue your franchise brings in each month, you’ll pay $6,000–$8,000 in royalties. Royalty fees are common in franchising, but be aware of how much of your profit they can eat up.
When you buy into this franchise system, you must follow their rules. This includes using their business model, services, marketing materials, and more. Consider whether the benefits of the brand and support outweigh the restrictions.
- Additional costs like advertising fees (2% of revenue) and renewal fees
- Long-term commitment (typically 10 years)
- Reliance on the franchisor: if the brand declines in value or goes out of business, your investment could be at risk.
While the potential rewards of franchising with Sam the Concrete Man could be substantial, go in with realistic expectations about the costs and restrictions involved.
Conclusion: Should you buy a Sam the Concrete Man franchise for sale?
Should you then invest in Sam the Concrete Man franchise? Being a franchisee has a lot of benefits overall. Sam the Concrete Man is a well-known brand with a successful business concept and more than 20 years of experience. They provide thorough training and continuing support to help you get off to a successful start. There are, however, risks and drawbacks to take into account, just like with every business opportunity.
- The initial franchise fee and startup costs are substantial, typically around $87,250 to $140,265. It may take years to become profitable.
- You are tied to the terms of the franchise agreement for 10–20 years, which limits your flexibility and control.
- There is no guarantee of success. While the business model is proven, your individual results will depend on factors like your location, marketing, customer service, and more.
- The concrete industry is competitive. You need to work hard to win over customers and stand out from other concrete contractors in your area.
Entrepreneurs who want to open a franchise in the category renovations and concrete franchise opportunities categories can look at
- Alair homes Franchise
- Patchmasters Franchise
- A1Concrete Leveling Franchise
- Epcon Franchise
- Refresh renovations franchise
- Chevron Gas Station franchise
- PODS Franchise
- Augusta Lawn Care Franchise
- The Patch Boys Franchise
Frequently Asked Questions on Sam the Concrete Man Franchise
Is the Sam the Concrete Man franchise profitable?
This franchise’s profitability is influenced by a number of variables, including its location, management, marketing initiatives, and consumer demand. Although the business has expanded since it started franchising, franchisee success may vary. It is essential to conduct thorough research and speak with current franchisees to get a better understanding of potential profitability.
Can you make money owning Sam the Concrete Man franchise?
As with any business, making money from owning a franchise depends on effective management, marketing, and meeting the demands of customers in your area. While the franchisor provides support and training, the success of your franchise ultimately depends on your efforts and the local market.
Is Sam the Concrete Man a franchise?
Yes, Sam the Concrete Man is a franchise. They began offering franchise opportunities in 2018, and since then, they have grown to become the largest home improvement concrete franchise in North America.
How much is a Sam the Concrete Man franchise?
The initial franchise fee for this franchise is $64,000. The total investment required ranges from $87,250 to $140,265.
How do Sam the Concrete Man franchises make money?
This franchise makes money by providing residential concrete services, including driveways, patios, walkways, and more. They generate revenue by offering high-quality, durable, and aesthetically pleasing concrete solutions to homeowners. The franchise also benefits from strong brand recognition and support from the franchisor in terms of marketing