- How much do Surestay franchise fees cost?
- How much do Surestay franchise owners make?
- What is the Surestay?
- Is Surestay a Franchise Opportunity?
- Surestay Franchise Requirements
- Surestay Training to Franchises
- Surestay Operations to Franchises
- How is Surestay Territory Granted to Franchises
- What is the Franchise Term of Agreement and Renewal?
- Does Surestay provide Financial Assistance to Franchises?
- Pros & Cons of Owning a Surestay Franchise
- What are Surestay franchise reviews?
- Surestay Rankings
- Franchise Deck Analysis and Overview
- Surestay Franchise Success and Failure Rate
- Competition Analysis of Surestay Franchises
- Conclusion: Is the Surestay franchise worth the cost and profit?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Surestay Franchise Owned and run by Best Western Hotels & Resorts, SureStay is a hotel brand. In order to meet the rising need for budget and midscale hotel brands, SureStay was introduced in 2016. The company is committed to offering decent lodging at reasonable pricing. Three levels of SureStay are available: SureStay Hotel, SureStay Plus Hotel, and SureStay Collection. The Sure Stay Hotel provides fundamental conveniences and services. Additional features of the SureStay Plus Hotel include a fitness center, a pool, and a free breakfast. The upmarket category is represented by The Sure Stay Collection, which includes distinctive properties with superb design and individualized service.
With this brand, hotel owners can transform their current properties into SureStay facilities and have access to Best Western’s distribution network, marketing initiatives, and operational support. Because of this, it is a desirable choice for independent hotel owners who want to benefit from the resources and scale of a bigger brand.
According to Statista, the hotels industry is expected to generate $7.66 billion in revenue in 2023 and by 2027, a projected market volume of US$10.53 billion is anticipated, representing an annual growth rate (CAGR 2023–2027) of 8.29%.
How much do Surestay franchise fees cost?
Franchise’s start-up costs might range from $256K to $29.44 million. This covers the initial franchise fees of Surestay, which can be anywhere from $35,000 and $45,000, as well as other expenses including real estate, building supplies, machinery, inventory, and working capital.
|Surestay Franchise Price and Fees
|Surestay Franchise Fees
|Surestay Franchise Cost
|Term of Agreement
|Is the franchise term renewable?
How much do Surestay franchise owners make?
The income and profit potential of a SureStay franchise owner can vary significantly based on elements including location, size, and condition of the facility, occupancy, market rivalry, and operational costs.
In-depth financial information concerning its franchisees is not made public by SureStay. On the other hand, new franchisees can request a copy of the company’s Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which contains financial disclosure information.
What is the Surestay?
SureStay is a budget-friendly, limited-service hotel brand that is popular with travelers who prioritize value and convenience. Although it is separately owned and run, Best Western Hotels & Resorts is its parent company. The SureStay hotels benefit from Best Western’s global reservations system and distribution networks even though they are frequently situated in suburban or rural locations close to well-known tourist spots.
SureStay is an opportunity for business-minded hotel owners as well as a way to offer travelers on a tight budget a regular, dependable, and comfortable hotel experience.
Is Surestay a Franchise Opportunity?
Yes, SureStay offers hotel owners a franchise option to turn their current properties into Best Western hotel. You will have access to the SureStay brand, marketing initiatives, operational support, and the distribution network of Best Western as a franchisee.
Facts That Nobody Told You About Surestay
- Best Western Hotels and Resorts introduced the relatively new brand SureStay in 2016. Despite its youth, SureStay has already established itself as a significant participant in both the economy and the market for medium-sized hotels.
- The SureStay brand focuses on offering high-quality lodging at competitive rates. In contrast to the upscale SureStay Collection, which offers distinctive hotels with great design and individualized care, the brand’s entry-level SureStay Hotel offers minimal amenities and services.
Surestay Franchise Review and Information
|Property Management Franchise
|Best Western Hotels & Resorts
|Employees at Company H.O
|Franchise Expansion Plan
|SureStay is concentrating on growing its market share in developing regions including Asia and the Middle East.
|Number of Units
|Number of Franchise Units
|Social Media Handles
|Company Office location
|PO Box 10203, Phoenix, Arizona, 85064, United States
Surestay Franchise Requirements
The initial cost for a SureStay varies depending on the size and state of the property, among other things. However, you must have a net worth of at least $4,000,000 and at least $150,000 in liquid assets.
Certain requirements and criteria established by SureStay must be met by your property. A minimum of 40 rooms, a prime location, and adherence to particular quality and safety standards are some of these requirements.
Surestay Training to Franchises
With ongoing support from a qualified franchise manager, the training program includes both classroom and on-the-job training. Franchisees who complete the course will have the knowledge and abilities necessary to successfully manage their properties in accordance with SureStay brand standards and rules.
The franchise training program, SureStay’s also gives its franchises ongoing assistance, including online training materials, regular communications and updates on market trends and best practices, and a network of other franchisees and business professionals.
Surestay Operations to Franchises
The operations process at Sure Stay includes
- Franchised locations are routinely inspected by SureStay to review the quality standards for cleanliness, upkeep, and visitor comfort.
- Brand Standards and Guidelines: SureStay offers franchisees thorough brand standards and policies that cover every facet of hotel operations, such as guest service, housekeeping, maintenance, and security.
- Technology and Software: SureStay gives franchisees access to software and technological solutions that enable them to operate their properties more effectively. These resources include property management software, revenue tools, and reservation systems. Most franchisors have franchise CRM and franchise pos, which forms the backbone of the tech support provided to the franchises.
How is Surestay Territory Granted to Franchises
There is no specific franchise territory awarded to franchises. Unlike the food business, the hotel business can have another hotel nearby. The territory protection doesn’t work for hotel chains.
What is the Franchise Term of Agreement and Renewal?
For a SureStay franchise, the typical agreement term is 20 years. The term can be further renewed or early exit on the basis of special conditions mentioned in the agreement. Typically, you can extend the agreement for another 10 years.
Does Surestay provide Financial Assistance to Franchises?
There are indirect financing and franchise loans options available for franchises. There is no direct financing from Surestay.
Pros & Cons of Owning a Surestay Franchise
Pros of owning a Surestay Franchises
- In the hospitality sector, SureStay is a well-known brand with a solid reputation. As a franchise, you can draw clients and expand your client base by using the brand’s reputation.
- In addition to training courses and operational standards, SureStay provides its franchisees with a range of marketing and promotional assistance. You may be able to handle your assets more skillfully and successfully as a result.
- SureStay provides a choice of franchising options, including conversion franchises, new build franchises, and economy and mid-range hotel franchises, to accommodate the needs and interests of individual franchisees. You can select the franchise option that best suits your ambitions and financial situation because of this flexibility.
Cons of Owning a Surestay Franchises
- The hotel business is fiercely competitive, and there can be a lot of competing hotels in your neighborhood or region with which you have to contend for travelers and business.
- The day-to-day management of your hotel requires excellent management abilities and experience because managing a hotel can be difficult and complex.
- Your property’s reputation and company may suffer if another SureStay facility in your market or region receives bad press or suffers reputational harm.
What are Surestay franchise reviews?
Here are a few feedback testimonials from current franchisees
- “We have been impressed with the support and resources that SureStay’s provides to its franchisees. The brand is well respected and has helped us attract more guests and grow our business.” – Franchise Direct Franchise Evaluation
- “SureStay’s has been a great franchise partner for us. They have provided us with access to industry-leading technologies and training programs and we have seen strong growth in our business since joining the brand.” – Franchise Times Franchise Review
- “We appreciate the flexibility and choice of franchise opportunities SureStay offers. The rebrand franchise opportunity allowed us to convert our current hotel into a SureStay property and capitalize on the brand’s strong reputation in the hospitality industry.” – Franchisee review on the SureStay’s website
While Surestay does not have a long history of rankings due to its relatively new age, its official website does list a few of them:
- On the Entrepreneur Magazine Franchise 500 list for 2021, SureStay’s came in at number 61.
- By 2020, Entrepreneur magazine has awarded SureStay’s the Best New Franchise.
- SureStay has won numerous honors from Best Western International, the parent business, including the 2019 Developer of the Year Award and the 2019 Quality Assurance Champion Award.
- A TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence was awarded to the SureStay Hotel, a Best Western property in North Vancouver, in 2018.
Franchise Deck Analysis and Overview
SureStay provides franchisees with access to a reputable parent company as well as a number of training and support tools, making it a dependable and economical alternative in the hospitality sector. But before making a choice, prospective franchisees should carefully weigh the expenses, obligations, and potential hazards involved with buying a SureStay franchises. This is true of every franchise opportunity.
Potential Risks to consider before investing in a Surestay
- Numerous variables, including economic downturns, shifts in travelers’ preferences, and competition from other lodging options, can have an impact on the hotel sector. This may have an impact on hotel room demand as well as the profitability of your business.
- Franchisees of SureStay are required to pay continuing fees and license costs, which may have an impact on the business’s profitability. Before making a purchase, it’s crucial to properly study the franchise agreement and comprehend the whole cost of ownership.
- You are required to follow the guidelines and requirements set forth by SureStay as a franchisee. This may restrict your business’s flexibility and inventiveness and make it harder for you to differentiate yourself from the competition.
Surestay Franchise Success and Failure Rate
The below table will highlight the Surestay success and failure rate for the last 3 years. This will supplement your decision-making process.
Competition Analysis of Surestay Franchises
|Cost to Franchise
|Royalty + Ad fees
|Recoup of Capital
|Grand Welcome Franchise
|$37,900 – $167,750
|$19,000 – $109,000
|Real property management Franchise
|nexus property management franchise
|$50,350 – $106,250
|$129,075 – $148,375
|Key renter property management franchise
|$70,140 – $122,395
The Franchise Deck rating for Surestay’s franchise is 3.7/5.0.
Conclusion: Is the Surestay franchise worth the cost and profit?
With a solid reputation and a sizable hotel network throughout the world, Best Western Hotels and Resorts owns the SureStay franchise brand. If you have done research on the franchise and evaluated its performance and reputation in the area you have selected, and if you are interested in the hospitality business, it might be something to think about. You should always speak with an expert or lawyer in your profession before making an investment choice.
Entrepreneurs who want to open a franchise in the category hospitality and lodging franchise opportunities categories can look at
- Grand Welcome Franchise
- Real Property Management Franchise
- nexus property management Franchise
- Itrip Vacations Franchise
- Key Renter Property Management franchise
- Motel 6 franchise
- Tous Les Jours Franchise
- Dream Vacations Franchise
- Cruise Planners Franchise
- Grand Welcome Franchise
- HomeVestors Franchise
- Ace Hardware franchise
- Flip Cheap Houses
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are the Surestay franchises profitable?
A relatively new company, SureStay, targets the budget and mid-range hotel market groups. As a franchisee, your profitability is influenced by a variety of elements that affect how well a hotel business performs, including occupancy, room pricing, operating expenses, marketing tactics, and more.
Can you make money by owning a Surestay?
Yes, you can definitely make money owning Surestay as the brand has the potential to be profitable.
Is Surestay a franchise?
Yes, Surestay has been offering franchising opportunities since 2016.
How much is a Surestay franchise?
Franchise’s start-up costs might range from $256K to $29.44 million. This covers the initial franchise fee, which can be anywhere from $35,000 and $45,000, as well as other expenses
How do Surestay franchises make money?
Income is based on the money made by transforming existing homes into Surestays and subsequently welcoming guests for an outstanding lodging experience.